2 or 3 to share
- 1 pizza base (bought or home-made)
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 dessertspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 4 dessertspoons of tomato sauce (stir fresh basil, salt and pepper into passata)
- About 7 slices Severn Spots chorizo (or any flavour salami that you prefer)
- 60g mozzarella torn into 5 chunks
- 4 basil leaves, torn
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a pan, heat the oil and fry the garlic over a low heat until lightly golden. Stir in the tomato sauce.
Place a rack on the highest shelf of an oven and turn the oven to 220C.
As soon as the dough base is ready, spread the tomato and garlic sauce over the base with the back of a metal spoon. Scatter the chorizo and mozzarella on top.
Cook the pizza on top of the stove for about three minutes, then transfer the pan to the grill for a further three to four minutes.
Once ready, scatter the basil leaves on top and serve in one piece or sliced, with a few grinds of pepper.